Tuesday 12 January 2010

Beating the January blues with January SALES!

Just as many this time of year, I have a slight case of the January blues. Mine are heightened by the fact that I went to Thailand for a month just before Christmas, so I had about 6 weeks of pure heaven before being left lonely in the big chill with no more Thai sunshine, no more festivities, no more visits from friends and family, and now no more boyfriend as he has left me for South Africa for 3 weeks. But I'm OK because being the materialistic girl that I am, in between some hardcore job hunting I have done some rather hardcore online and in-store sale shopping! You know that nothing beats retail therapy. I probably should have saved all the money I got as gifts at Christmas seeing as I'm currently unemployed and in debt, but I genuinely see January sale shopping an opportunity that cannot be missed as you can get some great quality timeless pieces, and beautiful trend items that you (or maybe just I) couldn't justify buying at full price. One day maybe, but not in my current situation. So these are my January purchases...


Kurt Geiger sandals. Were £100, Now £30

Photobucket

Fred Perry Hi Tops. Were £49.99, Now £25

Photobucket

Bertie Brogues. Were £70, Now £42

(These in my opinion are a fairly timeless pair of shoes, and versatile too. They will do for work, casual wear, dinners, and for next year when I WILL have a proper fashion job after my year out. And I feel like I will like them for quite a while to come.)
Photobucket

Nine West Mary Janes. Were £65, Now £32.50

Photobucket

(For work interviews, and when I finally get a job, they are for work! Low heels = not as attractive as high heels obviously but they're all I can cope with at work, so these are a perfect height to be comfortable in.)

Rare Gold sequin jacket, was £70, now £20.

(Yes, £20! And I like to think it resembles the DVF one so it's a win win)

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Lipsy black sequin jacket. Was £65, Now £32


(Why do I need 2? Well I actually now have 3 as I already have a vintage one, but they're all different & equally as beautiful, & were all bargains.)

Photobucket

Zara feather belt. Was £20, Now £10.

Photobucket

(I don't even need to explain this. In my opinion it's just amazing! Oh & I forgot to mention that a friend gave me her staff discount so I got everything that day even cheaper!)

H&M black faux fur hat. Was £5.99, Now £3

Photobucket

Asos purple sequined pocket top. Was £28, Now £12

Photobucket


These are boring but necessary...

Zara purple blouse. Was £30, Now £12

(Like the Nine West shoes, this blouse along with the two items below from Zara are for job interviews, and for work when I get a job. I thought I may as well get them whilst in the sale, and I do have an interview this week so one will be needed! ...OK so I already had clothes I could have worn but I need more for the future!)

Zara black blouse. Was £30, Now £12

Zara grey dress. Was £20, Now £10

(This will be great for work as it's loose and comfortable yet smart for work when accompanied by the Mary Janes and a blazer or black cardigan. I'll also wear it all the time outside of work as it can be dressed up or down, is comfy, and it's dark and plain which means I can team it with some bold accessories which seems to be what I'm going for a lot recently.)


...So I won't be going shopping for quite a whole now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me a comment <3