Sunday 12 June 2011

Bath Time Essentials


St Ives Apricot Body Scrub - Invigorating.

'UK's #1 Scrub Brand. Non-Irritaing, Dermatologically Tested, 100% Natural Extracts. Oil-Free.'

I've used this product for years. It's been my face scrub for as long as I can remember, and although I have tried other face scrubs in-between using this, this has always remained by no1.

The 'invigorating' one is the best - it actually does what it says on the tin and 'gently exfoliates dull surface cells to instantly reveal smooth, radiant skin.' The 'gentle' one doesn't do anything in my opinion, it's more of a face wash with a few pointless grains in. The invigorating one is full of sand grains which really exfoliate well. It makes your skin feel soft afterwards, it scrubs away any dry skin and also helps get rid of spots.

At the moment Tesco are doing an offer on the large 300ml body scrubtubs - 2 for £7 and they are £5 each so it's a great saving and they last ages. I use it about once a week.


Bright Bridge Salts Co. Lavender Essentially Epsom Salts.

I bought these from my local health foods store in Milton Keynes - it's a similar shop to Holland & Barratt who I'm sure would also sell these. For those who don't know anything about Epsom salts, here is a little about them:

'When magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) is absorbed through the skin, such as in a bath, it draws toxins from the body, sedates the nervous system, reduces swelling, relaxes muscles, is a natural emollient, exfoliator, and much more.'

I'd suggest running a hot bath filled with about a cup full of salts once a week to help aid any muscle repair, relax your muscles and generally relax and unwind. The Lavender adds the the health benefits too therefore I would definitely recommend this product or one alike. (Lavender is great for almost all skin disorders such as spots, scrapes and bumps, and is also great for headaches. I suffer with bad headaches and recently found out that if you use a burner and burn about 2-3 drops in the evening it helps ease the pain as does rubbing a drop on your temples - if you can stand the strong smell!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me a comment <3