Monday 6 June 2011

New nail varnish review! Colours for summer 2011

So I have overdone it over the last few weeks going crazy buying nail varnish that I don't need, especially considering my collection is around 80 now. But look how pretty! 

I got the Sephora by OPI and the mini Sephora ones in America, obviously. I also got the Essie in America also - they were $8 - SO much cheaper than they are here (£10). And the final America buy was the green American Apparel, which I am obsessed with at the moment. The China Glaze was from Sally's (3 for £10? Or a similar good deal!) And the matte and 'pearl navy' are from ELF. The Nail inc was from TK Maxx in a set that my mum got for £8 for 3!! She didn't like the pink so let me have it, result! 

Now for the review:

Sephora by OPI - just as good as OPI, they go on wonderfully and have the most delicious range of colours. 10/10

China Glaze - They go on gorgeously, 10/10 for that and their colour range is good but not amazing but that is just due to Sallys selection, not the brand as a whole.

American Apparel - goes on well, but chips quite easily. But shuv on a good top cat such as Seche Vite and you'll be fine. Due to their AMAZING colour range (none are shimmer-all plain coloured) they get 9/10.

ELF - the matte is good. Not the best but 100% worth the £1.50 it costs! The Navy on the other hand looks like it will good a good Barry M dupe on the website, but in reality it is pretty awful! The colour is dull, not really shimmery or pearly at all, and almost looks black with 2 coats. Not impressed with that one. Considering all factors; quality, colour range, and price, I would give ELF nail varnishes 6/10.













I've been lazy and left off the colour names - will update this post ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me a comment <3