Tuesday 7 June 2011

CFDA Fashion Awards, Best Dressed


The $10,000-a-seat tickets raised $1.3 million for the Council of 'Fashion Designers of America's programs'. That was before Lady Gaga took to the stage to receive her Fashion Icon award in staggering 12-inch platforms and a studded G-string...


Photobucket

Fashion Icon Award winner Lady Gaga, in custom Mugler.

Loving Gaga's jade green/turquoise hair! It's my favourite colour at the moment, and it was about time she made her next fashion morph - I think we were all getting a little fed up with the Cruella Deville look.

Photobucket

Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen, both in The Row, with Cartier jewels and The Row bags.

I completely understand this look, and no doubt about it they look great (but they'd look great in a bin bag wouldn't they?), but my love for 90s fashion doesn't go this far just yet - those diamonte pointed kitten heels are too much for me. The gold thin strap stilettos on the other hand - love.

Photobucket

Chanel Iman, in BCBG Max Azria, with Lubov Azria.

I love the bold colours and styles of these dresses, but I don't like these dresses together. They look like block colour twins! 

Photobucket

Adam Kimmel with Leelee Sobieski.

Loving this cream 90s suit with the red lippy and minimal eye make up. Love the whole look.

Photobucket

Jessica Alba, in custom Diane von Furstenberg, with Fallon and Swarovski jewels.

You could argue that Jessica Alba is playing it safe with this dress, but I assume there's little to choose from when you're about to pop!

Photobucket

Cynthia Rowley, with Amber Heard, in a dress by the designer.

I love the left ensemble, but the nude dress on the right is so 'done'. It bores me I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me a comment <3